Monday, August 3, 2009

Good Morning....morning.

Not a morning person? Are you a personified snooze button with the first cognitive thought going through your mind in the a.m. "I can't wait to get back in bed" ? If this is you, then we do not share the same feeling about the sunrise. You see, I've always been a morning person and I don't drink coffee. I tried the java juice for about a month, I kicked that habit before it started because I don't need it. Some people rely on the coffee jolt, others just fight and kick their way into the afternoon, not this guy. I'm going to change your life by giving you my first hand action plan of making the mornings an anticipated part of your day.

Step 1. This is my most effective step for making the mornings like a trip into the wonka factory. Plan something for the next day to look forward to. I don't care how big or how small, plan something. I find that when I plan something out of the ordinary for the next day I pop out of bed. Examples: A round of golf with buddies, a dinner date w/wife, or something small like a breakfast sandwich at your favorite place.

Step 2. Get dressed, shower, etc... in the morning to music that is unfamiliar to you or an old favorite that you haven't heard in awhile. This can be a large risk, large reward because if you hit a song that is just awful while you're tying your tie, the day could come up short. But, the reward of hearing a new song that plays in your head like a magical jukebox can stimulate your mind for the day. When in doubt crank out an old favorite song. Guys, turn this tune on the next time your shaving in the morning and tell me you didn't have a good time.

Step 3. Go to bed happy. Believe it or not I believe there is a strong correlation between a good night makes a good morning. How can you achieve this? A few suggestions. If you have a wife...sleep with her. If not, read something positive or a story you love...in my case I love to watch an episode of the west wing (a blog to come). Basically spend some time getting your mind right before you sleep, pray, think, meditate, whatever you need to do.

Step 4. If the first three steps don't work. Get a dog. Every morning a dog is waiting tail-a-waggin' for you. Your dog is like your personal sold out crowd each morning. They sit and wait looking at you thinking to themselves..."oh man...oh man....I can't wait....can't wait. I know he's gettin up...OH...he moved....hheeeee mmooooved". You start to get up and the dog's tail is like a pin-wheel, they jump up and down licking your hand, running around in circles happy as can be. All because you got out of bed. beat that.

10 comments:

Scotty Mo said...

absolutely nothing compares to step 4, you couldnt have said it any better

bshawise said...

the dog thing gets old, just wait. when the rest of this mumbo jumbo fails, Mr. Coffee will be waiting.

Martin said...

Agreed besides Scotty Mo's comment. Wait until you both have a little baby sitting in the crib kicking her feet with these white eyes starring at you screeching with happiness. All because you are up with them and they get the luxury of a clean diaper and formula which tastes like chalk with water. On top of that you made this thing which is still incredible to me.... I love Coop too!

Martin said...

Wow that was amazing. Brad and I wrote at the exact same time.

bww said...

brad don't be a hater because you rely on Juan Valdez each morning....you were on coffee years before this post when compared to me.

martin, you must be smoking those diapers or you're turning into Tom Jr. with your sappiness.

Mo-train, glad you are the only one that understands.

Scotty Mo said...

i must say i am a man of the mug in the morning as well though. nothing like a house blend with 1 pack of sweet n low. combine that, and a walk of the dog and anyone can have a morning not worth staying in bed for.

Scotty Mo said...

and shut up martin

bshawise said...

whatever, wentworth. or should i call you pleasantville? next thing you're gonna tell me is that it's wrong for alcoholics to drink every morning even if they like reeeeeeeally enjoy waking up to the smell/taste/sound/process of boozeybooze. go sell crazy somewhere else.

Martin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Martin said...

I don't know how that post got deleted: Anyways

My mind has gone numb with your nonsense.
1) Morrison's words has no credentials. He likes Bob Evans and credits sweet n low. What kind of grizzly man likes sweet n low.

2) Wise's effort to discuss the morning has himself teaching at 10am and having one prep with a student teacher that lasted for three years. I wouldnt need coffee either. Also, your thoughts of an OCC Championship with the Celtic Girls BBall team infuriates you every morning. That is truly what drives you.

Enough Said...."Stop hammertime"