Monday, March 15, 2010

Price is right and peanut butter/jelly




We are going down the list of things we need to do before baby shows up like:
1- paint the nursery
2-crib setup
3- freak out
4- find daycare

#4 seems to be the toughest part right now, the freaking out part comes naturally. Thinking back to when I was a wee-lil-lad I was lucky enough to have my momma take care of me until I was in kindergarten. I remember that I would go to half day kindergarten with my mom back to teaching full time I had to find a place to max and relax. Quick side note: I used to cry nearly everyday because I would see my mom walk across the hall and I didn't understand why I couldn't go with her. It turns out that since I didn't have a mental handicap was the reason. After leaving my morning of learning I would go over to Mrs. Peifer's house. Mrs. Peifer was this old lady that watched myself and a couple other guys. I don't remember a whole lot about her or the place other than the smell was a little off. I do remember like it was yesterday what we did everyday at 11:00, we watched the Price is Right and ate PB&J. Mrs. Peifer loved the price is right like Ellen Degeneres loves women. She wouldn't miss a single Bob Barker finger point. I think everytime I eat a PB&J I hear the Price is Right theme song and all of sudden have an urge to get my pet spade or neutered. I used to think I was being baby sat by Bob and that creepy voice that was always too happy to call someone down to guess on merchandise. I feel like I have a great feeling for when I am standing in the cleaning products aisle if the clorox bleach Kroger is trying to sell me is over or under $9.50. I'm going to make a shirt that says I love Bob and Peanut Butter, on the back will say "I love you Mrs. Peifer" you think maybe I'll get called to "Come on down" ??

1 comment:

John Shaw said...

I wish I could think of the price is right when ever I dive into a PB&J. Maybe now I will?