Sunday, May 9, 2010

Bathroom towels

Let me preface this by saying I'm not ripping on anyone. In fact, this post will implicate myself, both set of parents, and pretty much every other family that owns a bathroom.

What's the deal with bathroom decoration towels? You know what I'm talking about. The towels that are hung on the towel rods in the bathroom that are matching colors and too pretty to be touched. It's just stupid. They're towels. They are meant to be used to dry your hands, dry your face, DRY anything. That would be like a drink coaster that you're not allowed to put a drink on because you might get a circle of water on it. The coaster is there for looks you might say, just as the bathroom decoration towels. Stupid. The rest of the towels in the world make fun of these towels. They're like the band members in school. The other towels scoff and say things like "look at you all dry.....and stuff" . These towels are never chosen. Like the kid in gym class picked last, these towels provide no real service to the world or a highly contested dodgeball game.

I personally would like to start using these towels everytime I run across them, not because I am defiant to the those that love HGTV style bathrooms, but because I feel bad for them. I am going to fulfill the dream of every decoration towel bought and hung. I will wipe my wet hands on them and saturate their very existence.

Don't even get me started on making your bed. Stupid.

2 comments:

Lides said...

My bet is they are the royalty of towels. Too good to be used by us common folk.

Mike McDonough said...

Get the disposable towels and keep fancy one's hanging!