Monday, September 20, 2010

3 Months


I write a separate blog on McKinley, but I wanted mesh both worlds for this one because I appreciate so much the job my wife does as a mother.


Sept. 12th, marks the three month celebration of that little bundle of cuteness. Since our last entry a great deal has happened in her little world. Much like Will Ferrel in “Elf”, smiling is her favorite. She loves to brighten your day with a flash of her deathly cute smile. I’ve found that it doesn’t matter what is going on in my work world, if she smiles at me it makes everything better. We have found that the car seat is still not her favorite, but it is manageable. Mom crawls into the back a lot to soothe a wailing McKinley.


Mom and Dad had to go back to work recently, leaving Mck home for the first time. Grandma B and W both came down to stay and babysit, even Aunt Lana made the rotation. It turns out this is very easy in comparison with taking her to the babysitter. Laurie Cox has begun watching her at LuLu’s daycare. A tremendous lady that we think the world of. Dad has drop off duty, Mom has pick up duty. It seems like Dad got the short end of the stick because of the heart wrenching act of letting your child go. The first morning I fought off any emotion by avoiding saying goodbye, meanwhile, Mom is crying at school when I arrive......she didn’t even take her! The second day I braved it and said goodbye, McKinley opened her eyes to smile at me and hold my fingers, this about did me in. I almost quit teaching to stay at home.


The baby bjorn has become her favorite mode for travel, mom really enjoys evening walks with her strapped on.


It won’t be long till she is crawling and talking I feel like, she coo’s all the time and is a mover and shaker. The bouncy ball is still a favorite but she actually loves being held face out so she can see everything.


I will say this, McKinley if someday you are reading this I want you to remember one thing. Your Mom gives everything to you. She gives her time, her thoughts, her worries, her love, her tired nights, her days off, and on and on..... If you ever fell the need to get in a fight with your mom, don’t, because you owe her, BIGTIME. There will be a time when you argue with eachother over something so mundane, and I will have to break the tension, but remember this. Every night your mom takes you upstairs, feeds you, gives you a bath, lotions you up, reads a book to you, feeds you again, and puts you to sleep. You never go down without a fight and she is right back up there putting you to sleep. During the night you tend to wake up once, twice, or three times. Your mother, who loves sleep, gets up and feeds you without concern, puts you back to sleep. I come in to put you to sleep when you won’t do it for mom, but it typically ends with your mother coming back in and putting the finishing touches on you. As frustrated as I get, she always takes care of you with such love and tenderness, and trust me your mom has zero patience.


Each morning you are fed then she proceeds to get ready for school, then eat, but you always come first. You have no idea how hard it is for your mom to give up her sleep in the morning and the extra half hour she takes staring at the closet of clothes. Although, I have a distinct feeling you will be just that way too. You see McKinley, you have a dad that loves you very much, I brag about you, I show you off, I hold you and kiss you, but what I do doesn’t compare to what your mother does. So the next time you want to scream “you don’t love me” because your mom took your cell phone away, remember the thousands of times you were read to, diaper changed, rocked and bounced at night just so you were kept happy and loved. We are pretty lucky huh Mck?

4 comments:

Scotty Mo said...

blogspot needs a "love" button, because i have no other comment then just- I love it!! Awesome post.

Anonymous said...

I agree with ScottyMo.

Mike McDonough said...

I couldn't have said it better myself. Watching Kristin do the same with our girls made me love her that much more. In one word, Moms are AMAZING!!!

tyler said...

i'm predicting there won't even be cell phones when you're daughter is old enough to have something like that.