Saturday, August 21, 2010

Letter to Summer

Dear Summer,

I'm not really sure what to say, I mean... we had a good thing. For three months we courted eachother, spending nights together under the moon, you shooting stars....me wishin' on 'em. It was love at first sight wasn't it? The first time I woke up after 9:00 and stumbled downstairs in my cutoff shirt and mesh shorts, the sound of kids and copy machines were a distant memory, no responsibilities whatsoever. Our future became a mutual understanding of corona's and crickets....grilled foods and outdoor fires. We played rounds of golf and took boat rides...things even got pretty hot there in July and August. Oh the endless hours of the west wing we shared over a morning coffee and breakfast sandwich was such a great start to each day. Our afternoons played like an episode of the wonder years...winnie cooper had nothing on you.

However, there were always the signs that too much of a good thing, was in fact, too much. You toyed with leaving, every once and awhile a class or meeting relating to work, but you always came back. Each day that passed things became more awkward...we stopped spending so much time together, you didn't capture my excitement anymore, and I didn't enjoy your assets as much. I have to be honest, I started thinking of another. No, no, no, it's not what you think.....there was only you. It's just.....well....now I can't help it. Soon another will come back into my life and I simply don't have room for both of you....it's not you....it's me. So, Summer, I guess what I'm trying to say is that....we should see other people. Maybe our time will come again, but for now I only have time for school....we'll always have summer, Summer.

B. Wise

1 comment:

Lides said...

It goes without saying, but I will say it anyways: Frickin Hilarious!