Monday, August 9, 2010

Your best, might be Tigers worst

Six years ago I was hired in late June to teach at Delaware Hayes High School. I was thrilled. I landed a teaching job and salary of about $33,000. In teaching terms, fresh out of college without a masters, this is considered a good starting salary. Some of you might have just thrown up in your mouth.....yes I know thirty five sounds low, but sadly it's not. This is considered high, you might say I landed the best job of the ones I interviewed for. I remember being pumped when my first paycheck came in the mail and I went to Best Buy and bought, what I'm sure was something AWESOME.

This past weekend Tiger played arguably his worst round(s) of golf in his thunderous career. He put up numbers that my buddies and I put up at the local courses. As my friend Jord might say "He's a coward".

As bad as his round was, he finished second to last and earned one of those giant checks for a bank total of $35,875.

Anyone see anything wrong with that? He made more money than I did doing his absolute worst. His worst was better than my best.

I don't feel sorry for myself at all, that's not the point of this blog. There really isn't a point, I was just dumbfounded when I heard how much a shotty performance can earn him and I wanted to share that with you.

the end.

No comments: