Sunday, February 21, 2010

autofix

This is basically our new car, a GMC Acadia. It's the super cool version of a van. I'm not here to discuss it's level of sweetness, except for one feature. When I am listening to a song and really getting into it, yet right ahead there is a stop light that turns yellow. As I start to slow down the song's volume decreases also. As I start to speed up, the volume increases the faster I go. It's genius. It may seem like a small feature but the level of focus you attain as it gets quieter is amazing. I started to think, what if other things in life were like this?

What if I walked into an eatery and the waiter had already ordered the exact food I wanted that moment?

What if I got up in the morning and my alarm clock prioritized my day for me?

What if my laptop automatically ordered flowers for my wife before she even thought about being pissed at me?

You get the idea. The dual sunroofs are sweet, but the guy that invented that little nugget of volume control, I applaud you.


No comments: